Ben Kimball, MSW, LCSWA
Ben specializes in helping emerging adult and young adult males process and cope healthily with anxiety, depression, life transitions, relationship difficulties, and self-esteem concerns. Ben approaches therapy from Cognitive-Behavioral, Person-Centered, and Strengths-Based perspectives to help individuals address unwanted emotional disturbances and achieve desired behavioral changes through development of improved emotional, mental, and spiritual health. Ben strongly believes that through understanding the relationship between their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, individuals can foster resiliency leading to long-lasting emotional and behavioral change.
Ben is passionate about making each person feel valued, heard, safe, and comfortable. To ensure this is achieved, Ben prioritizes and celebrates each individual’s uniqueness and values their story in developing a tailored approach to therapy.
In his free time Ben enjoys songwriting, audio engineering, and spending time outside with his wife and two dogs!
- Master’s in Social Work from The University of South Carolina, Health and Mental Health concentration.
- Provided school-based and in-office psychotherapy for an agency in Mecklenburg and Rowan counties serving both children and adults.
- Rapid Rehousing Social Worker for a homeless shelter in Mecklenburg County.
- Clinical Counselor for a men’s outpatient drug misuse treatment program in Lexington, SC.
- Clinical Intern for The University of South Carolina, Counseling and Psychiatry Services.
Areas of Expertise
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Life transitions
- Relationship difficulties
- Self-esteem concerns
- Academic struggles
- Motivational interviewing