Cindy Fegles, LMFT, CADC
Cindy works with older adolescents, adults, couples, and families utilizing a bio-psycho-social-spiritual approach in therapy with the goal of creating a safe haven for clients. This simply means integrating the many parts of a person into therapy in the hope of improving one's emotional, mental, physical and spiritual well-being.
Cindy's approach to therapy is systemic (acknowledging the important influence of families, work, faith and school) and strengths-based with Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) elements. She also draws upon the powerful tool of attachment theory to show how early life experiences influence relationships. Cindy works to establish a client-therapist relationship that is collaborative while providing cognitive and behavioral interventions to help the client experience positive change throughout the therapy process and thereafter.
Cindy is a native of the Pacific Northwest and just recently moved to Charlotte from Oregon. In her free time, she can be found exploring all that Charlotte and North Carolina have to offer.
Education and Experience:
- M.A. in Marriage and Family Therapy, George Fox University
- B.S. in Psychology/Family Studies, Corban University
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing) Practitioner
- CADCI, Mental Health and Addiction Certification Board of Oregon
- Practicum/Internship Northwest Behavioral Healthcare Services; residential treatment for adolescents with addiction and/or mental health struggles
- Marion County Victim Assistance: Training in sexual abuse/assault and neglect; criminal justice system; issues surrounding sexual violence, partner abuse and crisis intervention.
- 10+ years serving individual clients, couples and families in private practice, residential and outpatient programs
- 20+ years providing psychoeducation, parenting and marriage classes
- Trauma and PTSD
- Childhood Trauma and Attachment
- Relationship Issues
- Disordered Eating
- Grief and Bereavement
- Spirituality and Faith
- Family and Parenting
- Couples and Marriage