Divya Mahadevia, LCSW
Being vulnerable can be a significant barrier to receiving help for many who feel unsafe, unrecognized, and often unheard. Learning to be open in a safe, receptive, and supportive environment can be pivotal to your wellness.
I strive to provide a welcoming, nonjudgmental, diverse, and culturally open space for you to share your feelings and experiences authentically. It can feel isolating to be enshrouded by self-doubt and unwanted emotions. My goal is to help you untangle those emotions with compassion and empathy and empower you to live life with the purpose and meaning with which you intend to. We will explore unhealthy patterns of thinking and behavior together and build readily usable skills to break those cycles.
I use a variety of therapeutic frameworks including Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and Attachment, Regulation, and Competency to help you reach your goals. My evidence-based practice emerges from a client-centered, trauma-informed, strengths-based, collaborative perspective. I believe that every person is unique and put immense effort to understand individual needs to develop a collaborative treatment plan.
I enjoy working with families as well and use Collaborative Parenting and a Family Systems approach to helping families understand each other’s uniqueness and strengths while learning to communicate effectively and create an atmosphere of respect and compassion to foster healthy relationships as a unit.
When I am not working, I am woodworking, gardening, making art, exercising, and spending time with my kids, dogs, spouse, and friends.
- Master of Science in Social Work from Columbia University School of Social Work
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from the University of Notre Dame
- DBT Group skills training through DBP Training and Consulting
- ARC (Attachment, Regulation and Competency) Certification through PESI
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Self-esteem and Self Compassion
- Interpersonal Relationships and Healthy Boundaries
- Life transitions
FREQUENTLY USED TREATMENT MODALITIES:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Attachment, Regulation and Competency
- Motivational Interviewing
- Collaborative Parenting
6060 Piedmont Row Drive South
Charlotte, NC 28287
Southpark: (704) 552-0116