Elise Comber (Howell), M.A., LCMHC
Making sense of trauma, anxiety, relationships, and big emotions can lead to confusion and shame. You may feel lost in painful cycles, be held back by negative voices, or be filled with self-doubt. Meeting with a counselor can help you uncover clarity and renew confidence.
As vulnerable as it is to invite someone else into your story, it’s hard to untangle your inner web of thoughts and feelings on your own. I provide counseling services for women and teen girls who need compassionate and practical support navigating life’s challenges.
I've helped hundreds of individuals transform confusion and shame into clarity and confidence.
Using evidence-based therapies and empathy, I will collaborate with you to break unhelpful, painful cycles and create a meaningful life with healthy relationships. I’ll provide a safe, nonjudgmental space where you can make sense of your story and build skills to reach your goals.
I specialize in treating trauma, grief, anxiety, disordered eating, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), self-esteem, and relationship difficulties. I also specialize in helping teen girls navigate the ups and downs of adolescence, while coaching parents to develop the skills they need to connect with and support their teens through tough emotional moments.
My approach to therapy is holistic, relational, and trauma-informed.
The therapies I use most often are:
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) to teach skills that improve quality of life.
- My training in Internal Family Systems Therapy and EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) allows me to help you untangle the confusing and lingering effects of trauma.
- I also provide ERP (Exposure and Response Prevention) to help you overcome anxiety, OCD, and disordered eating patterns.
- I am able to incorporate spirituality and creative activities into therapy, should you find those helpful.
- Master of Arts in Christian Counseling from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Winthrop University
- EMDR Level 1 and 2 Training
- Supervised training in Internal Family Systems Therapy
- DBT skills for Parents and Teens through Behavioral Tech
Areas of Expertise
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Chronic Health Problems
- Eating/Body Image Issues
- Grief & Loss
- Identity & Growth
- Life Transitions
- Spiritual/Faith Integration
- Trauma and PTSD