Jason Bird, Ph.D.
Dr. Bird enjoys working with children, adolescents, and young adults to enhance their overall well-being through using a strengths-based and solution-focused approach. He specializes in the evaluation and intervention of academic, behavioral, and social-emotional problems at school, home, and in the community. He focuses on working with individuals and families to improve both their mental and physical health through building positive coping skills. Dr. Bird also integrates music therapy, art therapy, exercise, diet, and spirituality as a comprehensive way of improving people’s lives.
- Ph.D. in Psychology from University of South Carolina
- M.A. in Psychology from University of South Carolina
- Doctoral internship in Newark Public Schools in Newark, NJ
- Worked for and consulted with SC, NJ and CT public school systems and therapeutic outpatient centers
- Award winning and grant funded researcher, school program developer, and college instructor
- Published author for the NASP Communique and scholarly journal publications
- Previous Director of School-Based Services at a private practice in CT
Areas of Expertise
- Behavior Problems
- College and Preparation and Career Success
- Family Therapy and Parenting
- Mood Disorders
- School-Based Consultation