Jeffery Rosenbaum, Ph.D.
Children, adolescents, and families are the focus of Dr. Rosenbaum's practice. He has many years of experience providing individual and family therapy to help families create the changes needed to improve relationships, interactions, and problem solving. When children have difficulties, it impacts the entire family. Children often struggle with anxiety, depression, learning difficulties, and social relationship problems. Parents often struggle with family rules, communication, and children's compliance. By using developmental, family systems, CBT and mindfulness approaches, Dr. Rosenbaum engages with families to help each member better manage the stresses that are affecting them. When there are difficulties between parents and children, he works with each member of the family to improve the communication, structure and relationships in order to improve how the family system works.
Early childhood mental health is a special interest of Dr. Rosenbaum. He understands that resolving problems at an early age helps young children stay on track for a healthy and successful development. When support is needed by parents, he works closely with parents to provide child development education, parenting support, and individual and family therapy.
In addition to therapy, Dr. Rosenbaum provides psychological evaluations for learning difficulties and behavioral problems and works closely with schools and medical providers.
- Ph.D. and M.A. in clinical psychology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland
- B.A. in social and behavioral sciences, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore
- Doctoral Internship at Michael Reese Hospital, Chicago
- Director of Early Childhood Mental Health Program, Cleveland
- Private Practice, Cleveland, 25 years
- Supervision and Training of Psychology Graduate Students
Areas of Expertise
- Behavior Issues
- Child-Parent Relationship
- Chronic Medical Conditions
- Developmental Problems
- Early Childhood Mental Health
- Family Relationships
- Peer Relationships
- Preschool and Kindergarten Readiness
- Psychological Evaluations (ADHD, Learning Disabilities, Personality)
- School Consultation and IEP Development
- Sensory Integration
- Sibling Relationships
- Social Skills