Selena Jackson, Ph.D.
Sometimes the struggle is real in life. Whether it be feelings of anxiety and depression, difficulties in relationships, or struggles with self-esteem, therapy can provide a safe space for your journey to hope and healing. In this process, Dr. Jackson encourages clients to lean into the discomfort and joy of self-discovery and growth as they build the skills to manage life's challenges.
Dr. Jackson enjoys working with adults of all ages and has expertise with early career professionals, women's health and well-being, and the BIPOC (black, indigenous, people of color) community. She is also happy to include faith-based interventions for those who are interested in incorporating religion and spirituality into their treatment. Dr. Jackson also offers comprehensive psychological evaluations, including testing for ADHD, learning issues, and other emotional and behavioral issues for older adolescents and adults.
She has a decade of experience working in both urban and rural settings including community mental health, primary care, and university locations. Utilizing a caring and direct approach to therapy, she encourages her clients to develop insight into their thoughts, emotions, and behaviors in order to facilitate change. Dr. Jackson integrates strategies for regulating emotions, creating healthy relationships, and building value and meaning into life. When she’s not in the office or busy working on her next book, she enjoys traveling, attending theatre productions, watching college football, and trying out new recipes!
- Ph.D. in Combined Clinical & Counseling Psychology from the University of South Alabama
- Masters and Bachelors degrees in Psychology from the University of South Alabama
- Postdoctoral training at Wichita State University Counseling and Testing Center
- Doctoral Internship at the Wichita Collaborative Psychology Internship Program
- Extensive experience in Dialectic Behavior Therapy (DBT) skills training, Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Former Training Director of a pre-doctoral psychology internship program
- Published author of poetry books
Areas of Expertise:
- Mood Disorders including Anxiety & Depression
- Individual Trauma/PTSD
- Relationship Concerns
- Grief and Bereavement
- Emerging Adulthood
- Early Career Professionals
- Multicultural Concerns
- Women’s Health and Wellness
- Concerns related to Religion and Spirituality