Victoria Kennedy, Ph.D.
Victoria is a licensed psychologist who specializes in working with children, adolescents, and their families. Her goal is to create a friendly, caring atmosphere in therapy, and she believes in empowering families by working with parents to manage difficult child and adolescent behaviors. She uses cognitive-behavioral therapy and other strategies to help children and their families with managing stress, anger, sadness, and worry. Dr. Kennedy also provides comprehensive psychological evaluations, including testing for ADHD, learning issues, anxiety, depression, and other emotional and behavioral issues. She has training and experience using the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS-2) when evaluating for autism spectrum disorders. She has extensive experience completing school observations and assessments and consulting with school staff to help children maximize their learning potential.
- M.S. in Clinical Psychology from California State University, Fullerton
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology with a specialization in Child and Adolescent Psychology from Auburn University
- Doctoral Internship in Clinical Psychology at Baylor College of Medicine
- Certificate of Professional Qualification in Psychology by the Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards
- +18 years experience working in private practice, long and short term juvenile offender facilities, community mental health agencies, a regional education service center, and school settings in Texas, New Hampshire and North Carolina
Areas of Expertise
- ADHD / ADD
- Autism Spectrum
- Behavior Problems
- Multicultural Issues
- Parent Training
- Play Therapy
- School Consultations