Barrie Morganstein, Ph.D.
Dr. Morganstein works with clients of all ages by providing individual therapy, family therapy, psychological assessment, and executive-functioning/ADHD coaching. In her therapeutic work, she specializes in behavioral & emotional issues in children and teens, parenting, self-esteem/identity, anxiety, depression, and personal growth. Dr. Morganstein regularly conducts psychoeducational and neurodevelopmental assessments for individuals of all ages and specializes in Auditory Processing Disorders, ADHD, and Learning Disabilities. She also very much enjoys executive-functioning/ADHD coaching with students and adults of all ages. She is an expert in working with Deaf & Hard-of-Hearing clients of all ages conducting both therapy and psychological assessments; she is fluent in American Sign Language (ASL), but adapts to a wide variety of communication needs and preferences.
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Gallaudet University
- Undergraduate degree in Clinical Psychology from Towson State University
- Has conducted hundreds of psychological and neurodevelopmental evaluations with clients of all ages over about 25 years
- Fluent in American Sign Language (ASL)
- Has worked in a variety of mental health settings
- 19+ years at Southeast Psych
Areas of Expertise
- ADHD / ADD
- Auditory Processing
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing
- Executive Functioning
- Identity & Growth
- Kindergarten Readiness
- Learning Problems